Here is a brief description of some of the tasks we have been working on
Africa Advice has helped Root House in Rwanda establish a café and cultural center in Kigali, Rwanda. The café must operate on market terms and offer music and cultural offerings to a growing local audience.
Africa Advice has helped with all aspects of the preparation and establishment of the café, which opened in July 2017. For example. business plan, organization, recruitment, budgeting, market research, etc.
Follow the cafe and Root House here.
Market analysis, identification of potential partners and customers, and adaptation of communications for Greentech Center.
A consortium of small energy technology companies from East Jutland is working to create a sustainable off-grid energy solution for Africa. I help (still) to:
1. identify potential markets - both countries and sectors
2. adapt the communication to the selected customer segment
3. contact potential test customers and business partners
4. talk to companies about the conditions of the product must work under, experience implementing similar projects and knowledge of preferences and focus within the market.
Designing a new building for REACT in Sierra Leone
1. Construction: Together with a group of architects, building designers, engineers, I facilitated the design phase in the construction of a computer center in Sierra Leone. The focus was on creating a house that:
1. is functional and well-ventilated (there is VERY humid in Sierra Leone and no access to electricity).
2. radiates new thinking without being so different that locals can't relate to it (being built conservatively in Sierra Leone).
3. is sustainable and innovative in the choice of building materials and process (including solar cells, ISSB, wood sourcing - minimal cement consumption).
See the completed building here.
Africa Advice talks with Little Dane about special business plans and recruitment plans for establishment in East Africa.